Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Can U say C O P P E R F I E L D ????

As I post this blog, it is still difficult to believe FOR OURSELVES what I am about to share...... A few years back, while I was doing my star show
( www.bigdipperbill.com ) at Little Palm Island in the Florida Keys, one of the guests - David Copperfield ( http://www.dcopperfield.com/ ), watched my performance. Several days ago, while we were in the peaceful tranquility of Zion National Park, I recieved a phone call from David's agent requesting to purchase several of the green laser astronomy pointers that I use in my show in addition to complete sets of the special constellation prints that I produce. The incredible TIMING of this ( we were planning to BE IN LAS VEGAS in several days - which is where David is currently performing) led ME to suggest a 'barter', that is a trade of 2 of my $100 lasers for 2 tickets to his show. Copperfield 'one upped' the barter, instead saying we could have tickets to his show FOR 'FREE" in equal exchange for INSTEAD, A PERSONAL STAR SHOWING by me while we're in town! I agreed on one condition - that he NOT MAKE ANY OF MY CONSTELLATIONS IN THE SKY DISAPPEAR! Soooo, we went to great lengths to accomodate his request (long story - ask us sometime!), and after seeing his AWESOME SHOW last night, he and 6 of his 'associates' met us in the desert at 1 AM for my show! All went very well - details too much to list here... (incidentally - I don't see any stars in the sky in our picture!!!)

No comments: